Technical Details of Web Hosting
Don't let our inexpensive web hosting prices fool you, as Liviant uses only premium facilities, equipment and software to host your web site. Below are some technical details of our hosting operations.
Liviant has enough connectivity to serve millions of visitors at any given time. We utilize multiple, redundant high speed fiber connections to the following carriers:
- InterNap - 10 Gigabit Link
- Time Warner - 10 Gigabit Link
- Level3 - 10 Gigabit Link
- AboveNet - 10 Gigabit Link
Liviant utilizes space within one of the largest data centers in Texas. These facilities are staffed with
trained and experienced technical, monitoring and security personnel 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Enterprise Data Center
The datacenter facility sits atop multiple power grids, with UPS battery backup power and diesel generators onsite. Our HVAC systems are condenser units that provide redundancy in cooling coupled with ten managed backbone providers. Fire suppression includes a pre-action dry pipe system including VESDA (Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus) with over 700 smoke detectors between the two facilities.
- 60,000 sq. ft. facility
- (21) 26-ton Data Air AC units
- Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus (VESDA)
- Pre-action dry pipe sprinkler system
- Over 500 smoke detectors in an integrated system
- Simplex security badge entry/exit on all doors to facility
- Multiple electrical grids
- 4800 amps of 480v input power
- 3 main transfer switches
- (6) 500KVA UPS units with 90 batteries per unit
- Standalone PDUs at each cabinet row
- 1-megawatt generator (2000-gallon tank)
- 1.5-megawatt generator (2200-gallon tank)
- Monitoring software for all data center infrastructure
Daily Data Backup
Let's face it, sometimes technology fails us. While we go to great lengths to prevent any serious technical issues, we also plan and even practice for if and when crashes do occur. We perform backups of all sites once a day and can have sites restored within a couple of hours in the event of a serious crash. In addition to our own backup practices, our clients may also perform self-backups with a single click from their account control panel.
Fast Dual-Xeon or Core2Duo Intel Servers
Inexpensive web hosting does not mean inexpensive web servers. We utilize only high-end Intel Dual Xeon or Core2Duo servers, each with plenty of RAM to handle the task. We monitor our servers closely for any potential hardware and software issues to be as proactive as possible in the event of failure.
Unlike many in the Web hosting business, we don't stuff hundreds of customers on one server. None of our high-end servers host more than a dozen customers at any given time.
CentOS (Redhat Enterprise OS) with Cpanel Hosting Automation System
Linux offers the fastest, most powerful and most reliable operating system for web hosting and Cpanel completes the package with an user-friendly control panel packed with dozens of tools and features. Setup and customize your emails accounts, block spam, create new users, access your Web stats, and much more right from your user control panel.
Current Software Versions
- OS: CentOS (open-source version of Redhat Enterprise)
- Apache Version 1.3.39 or 2.0.x
- Kernel Version 2.6.9-55.0.9.ELsmp
- Perl Version perl 5.8.x
- PHP Version 5.2.x
- MySQL Version 5.0.x